"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Last Chance

Ok February. You have one last chance to prove yourself. 

I thought January was crazy. What with all of its Adoption classes and Ice Days. Little did I know February was gearing up to be a beast of a month. Packed full of ridiculous life lessons (read the last post if you're confused as to what I'm talking about). 

So with just one week in this short month I'm hoping for the best. A quick turnaround. A saving grace. Something. Anything. 

For starters it would be great to hear something about what's next in our adoption adventure. We finished all of our coursework and paperwork in January and have been awaiting our entry into Home Study ever since. But that's all we've been doing is waiting and if you're slightly regular here or know me at all you know waiting isn't one of my strong suits. But maybe this week will bring an update and some forward movement. Maybe. 

It would also be great to be finished with the drama that has become the aftermath of our burglary. I won't get into details here. Trust me, you don't want me so. Nobody has time for that. Suffice it to say it has been an experience. One I hope to never have again, but an experience nonetheless. If there is one thing to take away from all of this it is to know your insurance policy!  I'm not kidding here folks. No matter how well you think you know what coverage you have. Check. Double check. Have your loved one check. You can never be too sure. Trust me. I've been trying to spread this little tidbit to just about anybody that will listen.  But maybe this week will bring an end to it all and we can move on with life and focus on other things. Maybe. 

Of course there is always the possibility that this last week will just be par for the course of the whole month. But I sure hope not. There's only so much you can handle at once right?  And I think we've exceeded our crazy quota for this month. 

So. It's been a rough month. One I'm actually kind of glad to say goodbye to. I just hope February tries to redeem itself this week. As for March. I'm not even thinking about that yet. Keeping it short-term here people. 

But truth be told things are slowly settling back down here in Drosche Land. Slowly, but they are. How was your February?  Uneventful?  Crazy?  Are you sad to see it go or are you ushering it out the door as quickly as possible?  Regardless of how it was, I hope these next 5 days go well for you too. Then we can begin to worry about March. 

All is well, one week to go, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment